Toyota Kirloskar Motor organized the “Toyota Etios Safety Experiential Drive” in New Delhi to showcase the unbeatable safety features and unmatched performance of the Etios series.
The camp, in its second leg, will be open for customers over a period of 9 days for existing and prospective customers to test the safety competencies of the Etios series by steering across a curated track, under the supervision of expert drivers. It comprised of a plethora of engagement activities for the customers and their families to create awareness on safety features, safety mindset, pedestrian safety, road safety, driver safety, vehicle safety. The first successful Etios Safety Experiential Drive was conducted in Bangalore in August this year.
The event, conducted in a special setup, has been designed to offer an exciting drive experience to participants that allows them to drive on an all-terrain track with speed bump, sand patch, wet patch, rumbler. The drive brought to the fore an array of safety features such as SRS Dual Airbags (through Virtual Reality), Headrest for all 5 seats, Skid Control, Child Seat, 3 point seat belt for all 5 seats.
With distinctive features like a larger cabin and luggage space, high fuel economy and low ownership cost, the Etios series reflects Toyota’s unique promise of delivering Quality, Durability & Reliability (QDR). Etios was the first in the industry to have standardized dual airbags across all grades, which in itself speaks about the importance Toyota lays on the safety of Indian customers. Etios series sets a safety benchmark in the industry with unbeatable safety features assuring safety of both driver and passenger.
- Anti lock braking system – prevents the wheels from locking up and hence avoids skidding
- Electronic Brake force Distribution – It ensures [automatically] that brake force is distributed to each wheel depending on load distribution [during acceleration, cornering, climbing hill etc.]
- Dual SRS Airbags (D+P) – Designed to supplement the seatbelt system and improve occupant protection
- Child Seat [Isofix] – ISOFIX is a child car seat attachment system which uses metal bar connectors built into the car frame to connect to the child car seat
- Emergency Locking Retractor & Warning – ELR is a seat belt retractor that locks only in response to the rapid deceleration of a vehicle or if rapid force is applied to the seat belt
- Middle rear 3-point seatbelt – In case of frontal impact, it provides support to the upper body and hence reduces injuries
- Middle Rear Head Rest- Provides support to the passengers head [restricting movement, avoids Whiplash] in case of frontal impact
- Front Pre-tensioner Force Limiter Seat Belts – Mitigates impact applied to the chest & contributes to excellent occupant restraint Performance
- Collapsible Steering – Activates on frontal impact and avoids injury to the driver
- THUMS – It is an accurate simulation of the human body, including organs, tendons and bones. It is an integral part of designing Toyota safety features to protect the vulnerable body parts in an accident
- Impact Absorbing Body – The body absorbs the impact and protects the passengers [front and rear] during collision
- Central Locking System on Dashboard – Earlier placed on the driver side door central locking system, in the Etios series, has been thoughtfully shifted to the dashboard. This is to mitigate the chance of the central locking system getting damaged in case of a side door collision.
- Side Impact Beam – Protects passengers in a side impact collision.