The engine is quiet and has a low center of gravity. Keeping in mind comfort and ease of handling to satisfy customers around the world, Honda followed up with our environmentally responsible horizontally opposed, six-cylinder, 1,800 cc engine, looking towards the next generation even while realizing smooth and quality riding up to the high rpm regions and emphasizing low- and mid-range torque.
For environmental performance, by adopting a three-way catalytic converter system;HECS3, along with PGM-FI to increase purification efficiency using fine air-fuel ratio control and an air injection system to encourage oxidation reactions for unburned gas, we have realized emissions purification performance, reducing levels of carbon monoxide (CO), hydrocarbons (HC) and nitrogen oxide (NOX) in exhaust emissions.
Thanks to these features, we have achieved half the level or less of the 2008 emissions regulations prescribed by the California Air Resource Board (CARB) in the US (Tier 2), and half the level of European emissions regulations (Euro III) without sacrificing powerful and smooth output characteristics.
Considering user friendliness, Honda enlarged the front pocket (1.2 L to 2.8 L) (on vehicles not equipped with airbags).
Along with allowing the rider to enjoy a comfortable ride, even in long-distance traveling, and creating a relaxed riding space by further increasing the level of freedom in the riding position, the seat shape is such that the passenger is wrapped up to bring about the highest level of comfort.
New Front Cowl(fairing)
For the new model, Honda changed the shape of the headlight garnish for a further defined look, and produced an even more intrepid front face through such measures as also applied gun metallic paint to the interior of the headlights.Additionally, by changing the front cowl shape, Honda improved the wind protection in the foot area of the rider as well as the passenger.
By adopting a new rear fender shape with a negative pressure adjustment air outlet to handle the negative pressure at the rear of the vehicle during riding, Honda reduced the negative pressure region that forms at the rear during riding, increasing riding stability.
The shape of the saddlebags has been changed to a more dynamic design in harmony with the overall GL styling without sacrificing capacity, adding yet another distinctive characteristic to the new GL styling.Moreover, combined with the sharp design of the integrated right and left combination taillight, the rear view offers up a tight cohesive design.
- Engine Type Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 12-valve SOHC flat-6
- Displacement 1,832cm3
- Max Power 87kW/5,500 rpm (95/1/EC)
- Max Torque 167Nm/4,000 rpm (95/1/EC)
- Carburetion PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with automatic choke
- Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance
- Clutch Hydraulicaliy actuated clutch
- Transmission 5-Speed (including overdrive, plus electric reverse)
- Dimensions (LxWxH) 2,630 x 945 x 1,455mm
- Frame Type Diamond; Triple-box-section, Aluminium Twin-Spar
- Suspension Front – 45mm telescopic fork with anti-dive, 140mm strok Rear – Pro-Link
- Pro-Arm with electronically-controlled spring preload adjustment, 105mm axle travel
- Brake Type Front – 296 x 4.5mm dual hydraulic disc with Combined 3-piston calipers, ABS, floating rotors and sintered metal pads
- Rear – 316 x 11mm ventilated disc with 3-piston caliper, Combined ABS and sintered metal pads