During the late 90s Yamaha’s VMAX project team started to work on the rebirth of a legend. The team understood just how special the original VMAX was to its owners – as well as those fans who admired the bike without ever riding. The project team identified the following four goals that would enable them to create a worthy successor to the legendary original model
- Awesome acceleration feeling together with strong performance
- Distinctive, precise and sharp handling
- A sophisticated chassis with unique bodywork
- Engine type:Liquid cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve, V-type 4-cylinder
- Engine Cooling:Liquid cooled
- Bore & Stroke:90.0 x 66.0 mm
- Compression ratio:11.3:1
- Maximum output:200.1PS / 9,000 rpm
- Maximum torque:166.8Nm / 6,500 rpm
- Lubrication type:Wet sump
- Fuel Supply:Fuel injection
- Starter method:Electric
- Clutch type:Wet, multiple-disc
- Ignition system:T.C.I
- Transmission type:Constant mesh, 5-speed
- Final transmission:Shaft drive
- Primary/Secondary reduction ratio:1.509/3.082
- Gear ratio:1st gear=2.375, 2nd gear= 1.81, 3rd gear= 1.4, 4th gear= 1.115, 5th gear = 0.935
- Fuel tank volume:15 L
- Engine oil volume:5.9 litres
- Overall Length x Width x Height:2,395 x 820 x 1,190 mm
- Seat height:775 mm
- Wheelbase:1,700 mm
- Minimum ground clearance:140 mm
- Kerb weight:310 kg
- Frame type:Aluminum, Diamond-shaped
- Suspension (front/rear):Telescopic fork/Swingarm
- Wheel travel (Front/Rear):120/110 mm
- Caster angle:31°
- Trail:148 mm
- Brake type(front/rear):Dual Hydraulic disc Ø 320 mm/Single Hydraulic disc brake Ø 298 mm
- Tire size (front/rear):120/70 R18M/C (59V)/ 200/50 R18M/C (76V)
The 1,679 cc liquid-cooled 4 Stroke V4 engine offers huge torque from a visually intimidating power plant. Iridium spark plugs ensure extremely efficient combustion at all engine speeds. For the rider, it means previously unimaginable levels of power, whether from a standing-start or roll-on acceleration.
Cartridge-damper-type front forks have substantial 52mm inner tubes with oxidized titanium coating. Forks have both compression and rebound damping adjustability plus spring preload.
The chassis is light and compact, with a cast aluminium main frame, extruded aluminum rear frame and cast aluminium swing arm.
SPEED / TACH METER
The instrument panel includes an analog, step-motor driven tachometer and digital speedometer with LED indicator lights. Prominent LED shift timing indicator adds to the performance character of the VMAX.
Designed specifically to match the power characteristics of YAMAHA VMAX, the front tyre size is 18-Inch with a 320mm floating double wave disk, monoblock 6 pistons caliper and ABS
Trick-looking LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.
Organic electroluminescence multifunction display provides a more precise display vs. the LCD display. It also includes a clock, fuel meter, trip meter with fuel reserve trip meter, transmission gear position, coolant temperature, stopwatch and more.