More than the Need for Speed
The TFT-LCD monitor provides the rider with information, including riding modes, settings as well as the traditional speedometer and techometer information. Also, when used in race mode, it offers lap numbers, times, and splits.
ÖHLINS Smart EC Controlled Cushioning
Both front and back suspension offer controlled damping from ÖHLINS – a Honda first. In active mode, a stepping motor uses information from sensors to control the damping force of both the front and rear suspensions to respond to riding conditions. Designed to stabilize the bike when accelerating or decelerating and in cornering, smart controlled cushioning offers the rider a more stable and fun ride.
Titanium Muffler Tuned for Sound
MotoGP bikes use titanium mufflers, and now, so does the CBR1000RR. Shaving 3kg off the muffler wasn’t easy, but it yielded a result that delivers lightweight and a sensual growl. The new muffler incorporates an internal exhaust valve that improves performance and sounds like speed.
Tuned for Hard-core Riders
The ultimate response the power for the ultimate enthusiast. Packed with technology once reserved for racers, the new CBR1000RR delivers the best power to weight ratio of any of its predecessors. The engine alone is 2kg lighter with peak power of [email protected],000rpm. It’s the definition of exhilaration.
Tight, Compact, and Aerodynamic Fairings and Headlight
The pursuit of ultimate aerodynamic design over the fairings led to a narrower stance and lighter weight, shaving 30mm off the radiator size. The LED head lights sit over the air intake for a sleek and performance-driven design.
- Type: Liquid cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC Inline-4
- Engine:Displacement (cm³) 999cc
- of Valves per Cylinder: 4
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 76 x 55
- Compression Ratio: 13:01
- Power Output: 141kW/13,000rpm
- Torque: 114Nm/11,000rpm
- Oil Capacity: 4L
- Carburation: PGM-DSFI
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16L
- Starter Electric
- Battery Capacity: 12V-7AH / 12V4.5AH(Li-ion)
- Clutch Type: Wet, multiplate with diaphragm spring with assist slipper
- Transmission Type: 6-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Type Diamond; aluminium composite twin spar
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 2,065mm x 720mm x 1,125mm
- Wheelbase: 1,405mm
- Seat Height: 832mm / 834mm
- Ground Clearance: 130mm / 129mm
- Kerb Weight: 196kg / 195kg
- Type Front: Telescopic inverted fork with an inner tube diameter of 43 mm, and a Big Piston Front Fork with preload, compression and rebound adjustment, 120mm stroke.Telescopic inverted fork with an inner tube diameter of 43mm, and a NIX30 SmartEC (OHLINS) Front Fork with preload, compression and rebound adjustments, 120mm stroke
- Type Rear: Unit ProLink with gascharged HMAS damper featuring 10step preload and stepless compression and rebound damping adjustment, 138.2mm stroke. Rear Balance Free Rear Cushion with preload, compression and rebound adjustment, 62mm stroke.Unit ProLink with gascharged TTX36 SmartEC (Öhlins) damper featuring preload and compression and rebound damping adjustment, 60mm stroke.
- Rim Size Front:17 inch
- Rim Size Rear: 17 inch
- Tyres Front: 120/70ZR17 58W
- Tyres Rear: 190/50ZR17 73W
- ABS System Type 2 Channel
INSTRUMENTS & ELECTRICS
- Instruments: TFT-LCD
- Security System: HISS
- Headlight: LED
- Taillight: LED