General Motors and its joint ventures which sold 2.8 million vehicles in China last year, has observed record sales of its vehicles in January 2013.The company reported that it had managed to sell a total of 310,765 units of its vehicles in January 2013 beating its previous record of 268,035 units which it observed in January 2011.The last month’s sales of the company had grew by a whooping Twenty Six per cent compared to previous year, January 2012
The break up of the sales
- Shanghai GM has sold 154,220 vehicles in China, an increase of 24.3 percent year on year.
- SAIC-GM-Wuling sold 151,819 vehicles, increased 26.6 percent on an annual basis.
- FAW-GM’s sold 4,490 units, increased 84.5 percent on an annual basis.
- Buick sold 86,509 units , 21.7 per cent increase compared to January 2012
- Excelle passenger car – 30,264 units, 5.5 per cent increase
- Excelle XT and GT – 23,694 units, 19.7 per cent increase
- Encore SUV – 7,881 units sold
- Chevrolet sold 66,141 units [Domestic] in January, 21.6 per cent year on year increase
- Cruze recorded maximum sales – sold 24,477 units, which is an increase of 7.8 per cent
- Sail family – 21,866 units sold, a 21 per cent increase.
- Cadillac luxury vehicle – 1,570 units sold in January 2013
- Baojun, Entry level passenger car brand in China reported sales 7,018 units
- Wuling has sold a total of 144,801 units of its vehicles in January 2013, which was up 35.9 per cent compared to January 2012
- Hong Guang, was Wuling’s best selling model – 47,765 units sold, a 158.9 per cent increase
- The Sunshine recorded sales of 45,733 units.