General Motors Company has sold 187,195 units of its vehicles in the United States in September, down by 11 percent compared year over year. Retail sales were down 6 percent versus a year ago
Kurt McNeil, vice president, U.S. sales operations said
“We held our own when it comes to retail market share this month thanks to strong new products, including the Chevrolet Impala, Buick Encore, GMC Sierra and the Cadillac ATS and XTS. We expect a strong finish to the year and more growth in 2014 thanks to new products and a healthier economy.”
Highlights (vs. 2012)
- Buick sales increased 6 per cent. On a retail basis, Buick sales have now increased for 17 months in a row.
- Cadillac sales were up by 10 percent.
- Chevrolet Malibu sales were up by 29 percent.
- Spark Sales were up by 6 percent
- Retail sales of the Impala increased by 64 percent.
- Chevrolet Tahoe sales were up 14 percent.
- Year-to-date sales of Buick and Cadillac cars are up a combined 15 percent; large pickups are up 20 percent; large SUVs are up 15 percent; and compact crossovers are up 13 percent.
|September||Total Sales||YOY Change||Retail Sales||YOY Change|