Ford India January 2013 Sales
Ford India sold a total of 7,115 units of its vehicles last month.
- Domestic stood at 6,062 units last month compared to 9,137 units in Jan 2012
- Export declined to 1,053 units last month from 1,652 units last year.
Vinay Piparsania, executive director, marketing, sales and service, Ford India said
“Despite a tough business environment with hike in fuel prices and ongoing high interest rates, consumer interest in Ford vehicles continues to hold steady. Our commitment and long term expansion strategy for India continue to progress according to our plan. We are committed to bringing the best of Ford products and technology to India and will be introducing several new vehicles from the ONE Ford stable to India over the next few years. To offset the prevailing tough conditions and introduce buoyancy into the market we hope the government will introduce regulatory policies that are conducive to the growth of the automotive industry. We believe that the reduction in the differential between diesel and petrol prices and recent RBI’s decision to cut repo rate are progressive steps and should continue”
Ford United States, Sales in January 2013
Ford Motor Company sold a total of 166,501 units of its vehicles in January 2013, which is an increase of 22 per cent year on year
- 3,608 Units of Mustangs were sold in January 2013, down by about 3.4 per cent compared to january 2012
- Retail sales were up by 24 per cent
- Gains were made across the product lineup, with cars up 34 percent,
- Utilities grew by 23 per cent
- Trucks were up by 11 per cent
Ken Czubay, a Ford vice president, said
“Ford is off to a strong start this year, with Fusion and Escape delivering January sales records and F-Series seeing a particularly strong reception this early in the year. Our investment in fuel-efficient new vehicles – including EcoBoost (turbocharged) engines and hybrid technology – continues to pay off.”