American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported total May sales of 148,414 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 0.9 percent over May 2016. Honda Division rose 0.7 percent on sales of 134,475 units, with trucks up 5.6 percent on sales of 63,650, and cars down 3.4 percent on sales of 70,825. Acura Division sales were up 2.8 percent in May, on sales of 13,939 vehicles, with trucks increasing 7.8 percent on sales of 9,456, and cars down 6.4 percent on sales of 4,483 units.
- Honda HR-V sets new all-time monthly record in May, jumping 29 percent
- Honda CR-V exceeds 32,000 sales for the month to post a 9.6 percent increase
- Accord and Civic join CR-V, with each posting more than 31,000 sales for the month
- Acura TLX sales increase 8.4 percent in May after record April sales
- Acura RDX sales gain 12.8 percent in May, pushing Acura trucks to a 7.8 percent rise